1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discipline from rehearsals?

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by fetfet, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Hey

Just listening to NIN doing Discipline on youtube, and wondering what effects you're using on your bass? It sounds awesome!!!

Also, do the model ones really make a difference in the Geddy? what about the Badass II?

Thanks for your possible response.

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Geddy with DiMarzio Model J's > Tech 21 VT Bass > Sans Amp PSA 1.1 > Palmer speaker simulator. Boo yah, there's the tone. Glad you like.

I think the Model J's are a big part of my sound with the Geddy, yes. Not sure if the Badass makes a huge difference, but it's cool for sure.

JMJ

3. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks very much, that tone is killer. If you could reveal the sttings for the VT bass, or the PSA 1.1 that would be amazing.

You're a big inspiration in my bass-playing, and we have the same haircut.

4. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    you're welcome. I don't know the settings for sure, the VT is most things up at around 12 o'clock with the gain a little lower than that, I THINK. PSA no clue. I just turn knobs and then press "store".