Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disclosure project

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hi!

I came across this a while ago and I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's a long download, and the movie itself is about 2 hours. It shows a report from a conference, held by Disclosure project in may 2001. Maybe some of you heard of it, but I doubt it. Disclosure Project is a organisation, that wants to prove, well, prove and make the public, the fact that we are not alone in the universe. By this, they mean that Ufos and Aliens do exist, do visit earth, do have some form of contact with the US governement and that the US is in possesion of extra-terrestrial technology. Now, I hear some of you guys already thinking, "what a load of crap, go running naked through the forrests in the moonlight while smoking dope, you damn hippie!". Thats why I ask you to put prejudices aside, as well as your thoughts on Ufos etc. The people shown in the video aren't aged hippies, or some obscure cult, but are engineers, pilots, radaroperators and even a legal representator of the Pentagon. They know what the difference is between a balloon, Venus and a UFO. All of them get to tell a part of their story, and more important, they are all willing to testify under oath, before the congress, that everything they tell is true. I've been interessted in this sort of things for a while, and before I saw this video, stories of UFO's never had been very reliable, they could easily be denied by scientist, just by saying they were wrong. I think this document shows that there are indeed things outthere (and that it IS likely that the US governement has kept things secret) and it gives a rather professional edge to the whole case.

http://www.netro.ca/disclosure/npccmenu.htm

The reason why I think this is all very reliable is 1. because the people here telling their stories are _all_ serious people, who have made a career in the army or with Nasa, and it seems very unlikely for them to collectively step up and lie in front of the world.
    2.Another reason why I believe this is true, is because, if it were a scam, a hoax (ie its all a setup, some fine actors, some cool pics etc) why would somebody organise a thing like that, if there is nothing there!?

Another critic that I've heard is "why don't they show us the pics they are talking about?". Well, first, from what I understand about legal procedures and stuff like that, is that you don't throw your trumps out from the start. If they would publicise the whole thing, it would be easy for organisations to claim it as fake, make a huge story about it and stigmatize Disclosure Project as one big lie. And one your know as a "fake", its very hard to get rid of that reputation.

They want to be voted in the congress, because they want to testify under oath, because that is the only thing they can use to claim their sincerity.
    Reason why this never grew big, was because only 3 months after this conference, 9/11 happened, and the whole thing was shoved to the background.

So what do you think about this?

Please only serious replies, no eyeturning smileys and things like "yea aLienss rule!!" "UFos pwn".

Cheers

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hmmm... interesting. I watched a little bit of it. I wonder what Michael Moore thinks of this.

3. i am going to watch this later, sounds interesting (ive always been interested in ets too) thanks for the link :cool:

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    well, he was right about Steve Forbes being from outer space wasn't he?

:D

5. There I go thinking out loud again.

Popular Mechanics Magazine told me how to get to the new aria 51 (somewhere near salt lake city) and the old one. I don't know why, but they told me.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    wow! the military was working in conjuction with Aria Guitars and Basses?
    awesome, did they make an alien out of ebony and wenge?

just messin' with you

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why does it matter what Michael Moore thinks of it?! :confused:

brad cook

8. No, they're making basses and guitars out of trees* from distant planets.

*technically they aren't trees, or even plants. For that matter, they are not carbon based and they don't even have dna.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    uh, get with it, haven't you heard micheal moore play bass? he's one of the greatest upright players around....ooooohhhhhh that micheal moore....what does he have to do with this?

10. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Sounds like something from the Robot Opera

Seriously, they are out there. They're coming to get YOU!
    Viva La Space Monsters!!!

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    hey, bucko, here at TB we don't talk about space monsters, that's
    just looney! here at TB we talk about Chupacabras, talk about them
    and you are soooo in the "in crowd"!

;)

12. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    The band M.I.R.V. has a great song about chupacabras.

Actually, they have great songs about a lot of things.

13. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, I was kind of kidding. It'd be funny if he made a movie or something about it though..... any ideas for the title?

14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I give you the name for my new solo bass tune. Called it. :cool:

15. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i have known about this for awhile. their web address is
    www.disclosureproject.org. it's a bunch of scientist and ex-military telling the truth about ufo's. kind of like a real life x-files. i haven't seen the movie, but there are a lot of cool audio downloads on the site. the truth is out there :bag:

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah...I was trying to make the connection...my bad. :scowl:

How about "Probing Back"

brad cook

17. Looke here. CIA says that the first UFO sighitngs were actually tests of the SR-71.

www.popularmechanics.com/science/space/1282426.html

Pretty interesting read. Though the pic is not the SR-71, but the F-117 Stealth Fighter. Mayeb they should get their pics right.

Hmm, lets see here. Which, scientifically, is more plausible?

1. Alien civilization travels TRILLIONS of miles to a back-water planet to talk to a race of violent, xenophobic mammals that will most likely attack them and their ship then try to communicate with them.

Or

2. A plane that was designed in the '50s was tested in a secret facility out in the desert, where no one would see it, they could fly as fast as they want because no one would hear it, and the military like to make things secret.

Hmmm, tough choice.

:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric

18. well, there is that frredom of information act thing.......

Of course you're not going to find anything out using it. :meh:

that being said, it seems to me that the most plausable explanaion for people and their stories of sightings and abductions etc. is that these people are liars. Look how many people claim to have seen ghosts........aliens make a lot more sense than ghosts.

Aside from liars, which must make up the majority of these cases, there are also naturally occuring psychoactive chemicals, produced by our own brains as well as other sources. All that witch-oriented crap from colonial days is now being blamed on ergot, if I'm not mistaken.....

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

that's a case of people just trying to hard, and losing thier grip on common sense.

20. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hmm, I think its kinda sad that is specificly asked for serious opinions only, and that most of the replies are BS, except for what? 3 maybe? and which 2 of them closing all further discussion (but hey, they were serious). Instead of BSing in something I am completely serious about I suggest you to watch the video, and not the first minute of it, because thats just an introduction by some long forgotten actor. If you don't want to watch it, fine, don't ridiculize a subject about which you (looking at your replies) don't know bogus about.

Again, watch the video (or have a read on their site), and give me some serious comment, or no comment at all.