1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discoloration on an MIJ Olymic white Fender P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty95, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rusty95

Rusty95

Apr 18, 2018
    Sweden
    Hey everyone. I just took my Fender P-bass out from it's case in the first time for over a year and noticed thease faint dark discolorations in the olympic white finish that almost looks like it's actually underneath the finish itself. Resembling "bruises" underneath the paint. I've tried cleaning it off but it seems to be underneath the finish. The maple neck seems to be completly fine however. Anyone got any idea what this might be or what might have caused it? It's a bit hard to see on the pictures and they ain't the best quality but hopefully they give an idea. There are marks both on the front and back but they are mostly small apart from the largest one on the back that is ringed in on the last image. The bass is an MIJ 70's P-bass made in 2012 if it helps any. 20180418_185155.jpg 20180418_185409.jpg 20180418_185357.jpg 20180418_1854245.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021