1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discontinued 5 string P Bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jaseonfiya, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Jaseonfiya

Jaseonfiya

Mar 22, 2013
    Does anyone know what year(s) 5 string Pbass had all 5 tuners on one side of the head stock? I need a good 5 string, only play pbass, and hate how 5 strings look buck toothed haha. However I can't find anywhere accurate info on which years did them all on one side. I believe it was certain years of the American deluxe?
    Thanks so much

2. And it absolutely has to be a Fender? Sorry, I can't help you there, but some Fender know-it-alls will eventually chime in.

If not, try a Schecter Diamond P5. I know, it's a Schecter. But if you ever get your hands on one, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck with your search.

3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Years ago, I was playing drums in one local band, and I recall that the bass player had a beautiful ‘99 Deluxe Precision 5 — like the one pictured below — so I know that 1999 is included in that range somewhere.

big%20fender%20p%20bass%20am%20dlx%20vDSCN9461.

4. Jaseonfiya

Jaseonfiya

Mar 22, 2013
    Thanks guys. I've actually looked into those schecters. I like those alot too. The head stock on those kinda looks like a dolphins or sumthin tho haha.

That 99 is exactly what I'm lookin for. Thanks for that! Atleast now I know one year to search

5. bluesbasshound

bluesbasshound

Jan 31, 2006
    Florida
    +1 on the Schecter P5!
    It sounds nice and grindy on the B and E strings and is a lower cost alternative to the Fender.

6. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Serbia
    Man, wish these weren't discontinued, by the time I get the money to buy one, they'll be too expensive and too rare :(