1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discontinued Icon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RonChase, Aug 23, 2012.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I own 3 Hofner's,1 Galaxie and a green Icon and a black cherry one,each one is only 1 of 150 my wife owns a Pink Icon, this is one of 40.I been trying to find some other colored Icons on EBay but have not found one,anyway I traded a bass for a sunburst Icon because I feel the limited edition colored ones are showing a lot of wear, I don't mind use and there is no abuse just they get use an awful lot, anyway the guy I made the trade with says the Icons are discontinued, I do use other popular bass guitars but my 54 year old back likes the weight reduction, is this true about the Icon being discontinued? And as a speculator I wonder if others here feel this will impact value? The last time I saw some colored ltd editions on line it looks like a price bump

2. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Manager - Zon Guitars
    I'm sorry, I cannot answer your question... but I had to get in here and say that "Discontinued Icon" would make a kickass band name.

:bassist:

3. Perfect, except you need to switch the C's for K's

"Diskontinued Ikon"

Then find the best bass for metal! :bag:

4. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    no disrepect for metal I was on the ground floor when it was invented and like all kinds of music,actually metal bands use the P bass alot,and also I think you are right it is a K

5. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    See if these are getting throug

6. docwein

docwein

Oct 26, 2011
    discontinued, Hofner changed the place of manufacture. From China to somewhere in Indonesia.

7. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Oh I found an old ad and icon is with a C for this iconic bass

8. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Dec 25, 2011
    Canada
    We don't listen to the same kind of metal ...

9. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    What kind of metal are you listening to then?

10. They discontinued the Icon then issued a new version called Ignition, I think. I prefer that name Ignition and I don't think there's any difference in them.

11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    This is correct, however the Ignition Series are now made in Indonesia and the Icons were made in China.

TD

12. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks I didn't know