1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Discontinued Labellas?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jmal, Apr 12, 2006.

1. jmal

jmal

Apr 5, 2006
    I was just on LaBella's site and noticed that they no longer list the 760FS flats. They have the FL's which are lighter and the FM's which are heavier? Probably doesn't make much difference, but I really like the FS sets. Anyone else notice this?

Jmal

2. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choiceâ„¢ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Yes, but they still make them. I just ordered a set.I think the 760FS is a newer product than the other flatwound guages. I've been using the 760FL set on my Jazz Bass but I want a little higher tension. Sorry it took seven months for you to get an answer. :rolleyes:

- Steve

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I emailed LaBella about this awhile back, and was told that the 760FS set is one of their newest additions (within the past couple of years) and they are not discontinuing them.

I've heard very good things about the 045-105 Sadowsky flats (I don't recall the model number), which are supposedly made by Labella. I recall people saying they are not quite as mellow as the 760FS Labellas. I was thinking about moving up a gauge (from the LaBella 760FL) for a bit more tension, but was worried about losing articulation, so the Sadowsky flats peaked my interest. I may try them in the future.