1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discovering Lakland...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quadebass17, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Wow...i just went to Lakland's site. I'm not too familiar with them, but i'm amazed. there was only ONE bass i didn't like! I love them all!

Where do you get them? I live in Texas and i know for a fact GC doesn't carry upper-end basses like that.

and if any of you have the Lakland Decade, tell me about it! it looks SWEETT!
    i also like the 55-01 and the Mike Lull and oh, i love them all almost!

The Decade is probably my visually favorite and soundclips i heard are amazing. I love darkstars.

so anyways, where do i find Laklands? I'd like to buy one.

2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Lakland does not make a Mike Lull model AFAIK... :)

3. my bad.....Duck Dunn or Bob Glaub?

and what does AFAIK mean? haha :meh:

4. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    as far as I know...i think...

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
  6. jdbernard

jdbernard

May 29, 2007
    You said you're in TX. If you're near Austin, check out Bass Emporium. They're on Anderson Lane, just south of Braker. They carry high end bass guitars, including Lakland. You can also check them out on the web at http://www.bassemporium.com

7. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I just bought a used 44-02 deluxe. Shipped from...Texas.

8. There are no reps for Lakland, MTD, and several other brands in the Dallas area. Your best bet is Austin, as someone else mentioned. As someone who lives in the DFW area, I don't really understand how a metropolitan area with 4.6 million people can have no reps for these brands. Luckily, my in-laws live in Austin, so I make it down there every few months.

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The Perfect Bass gives you a discount on those for TB'ers.

10. Did you buy it from Bass Emporium or elsewhere?

11. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Bass NW (West coast) has a;ways treated me fair and their prices are good.....they ship anywhere!!! check them out.....talk to any of the guys there - they are really helpful!

Peace:

Doug

PS - check out the LOG threads in this forum etc... (search under Lakland Owners Group)...lots of good data to be found there!

Also - PM me your e-mail address and I will get you a LOG application!

12. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Right here in the TB classified.