1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discovery Channel anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Anyone watch this a lot?
    I'm always watching How It's Made, Canada's Worst Handyman, Mythbusters or different specials on various things. Usually about Jesus.

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    discovery is good, i like how it's made. but i prefer tlc and animal planet. when i had digital cable, national geographic channel was the best by far. oh how i miss that.

3. funkydjembe

funkydjembe

Apr 5, 2007
    Norway
    I'm a discovery channel addict. luckily I don't have cable at home otherwise I'd get nothing done, but at my lady's house the t.v. stays on the discovery channel:) so much to learn

4. I watch it a lot... Deadliest Catch most. Mythbusters, How It's Made... lots of good stuff.

I also really enjoy the Discovery-Times, Military, and all the other Discovery channels.

5. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I tend to watch the Discovery HD channel. Planet Earth, Extreme Engineering...

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    +1

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Yep, Deadliest Catch is a hell of a lot more real than the network reality shows. I can't watch network tv anymore besides 24. I think I watch Discovery, TLC, Nat Geo, etal more than anything.

8. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    BEST CHANNEL EVER!!!

History Channel is a close second.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Deadliest Catch is great. I work as a deckhand on our lifeguard boat in the summer. I can appreciate how crazy what these guys are doing really is. That show should win some kind of award. I will never ever complain about the price of crab.

I also like the How To Survive In the Wild show too. That dude is crazy.

Planet Earth HD is great too. Hard for me to catch for some reason.

10. I mostly watch Future Weapons/Man vs. Wild/Survivorman. Good stuff

11. Discovery Channel is awesome. How its Made, Mythbusters, Man vs Wild, and Survivorman are all awesome.

12. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You can get addicted to Discovery HD channel real fast. We like the travel shows.

13. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Discovery Channel is great. I watch it and all its little brothers all the time.

Bear Grylls (sp?) is just great fun to watch. He just seems to bumble through it and come out ok at the end.

A big +1 for the deadliest catch. I think the producers are really hoping someone dies on it though. Sad but true, watch the viewing figures rocket as soon as someone does go overboard or something.

14. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Discovery channel, Science channel & TLC. Science channel is the best. :)

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I don't get the science channel...

poo...

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Word.

17. Jonny B

Jonny B

Nov 5, 2006
    WI
    Made me think of Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs.

It always comes back to the poo.

18. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    those are some sweet pics from dublin u got there, i want to go.

19. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    i miss junkyard wars.

20. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't really watch Discovery much except for the occasional episode of "Mythbusters". I don't get Discovery Health or any of the other offshoots at home though.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021