1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Disel pickups, any good ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by duckbutter, May 12, 2005.

1. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    I've seen them on e-bay and the price is not bad. I'm guessing that they are similar to the Mighty Mite pickups. But, if they are any better I may buy a couple and try them out in a project bass I'm doing.

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    This is just a theory as I haven't ever even heard of this brand before, but "you get what you pay for" certainly applies to bass pickups. Just because something is in a certain shape and looks good doesn't mean it'll sound good. I learned that conclusively with Traben basses. Unless they have a really good return policy, I wouldn't do it. They would never resell well if they were used AND no name.

-Eric.

3. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks, kinda figured that. Yeah, I guess it just doesn't pay to cut corners on the pups.
    I'll probably go with 2 MM Kent Armstrong for my FrankenJazz. At least i know I like them.