Disfunctional Band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    I am sure some of you guys can relate to this. I play in a Alternitive Rock band. We have been playing together for approx. 3 months and for whatever reason things art not gelling together.

The lead singer who heads things up has a difficult time letting us be creative. I will make a suggestion in a song arraingment and everybody agrees to try it and once we start trying it the lead singer will stop everying and tell us not to play it like that.

Here is someting silly... I have to remind the guitar players to make sure they are in tune with each other. Ahhhhhh...

There is very little passion about playing music. The Drummer and I seem to be pulling everybody else along. Organizing everyting and trying to create a great band. The guitar players and lead singer are great musicians, it just seems like they are on another planet... Maybe they are...

We only practice once per week because the guitar players and lead singer have too much going on in their personal life. The last band I was in we practiced 3-4 times a week and practically lived together.

Any insight? Maybe it is just me...
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    This sounds like a classic 'bassplayer thought he joined a democracy when it's a dictatorship but the singer forgot to tell him' scenario. It happened to me once and I walked 5 mins after he started telling me the truth.