Disgusted with Line 6 lack of support

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by John Herzog, Jul 8, 2004.

1. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I'm realy disgusted with Line 6's lack of support for the Bass Pod XT. They have yet to produce a software editor for the unit and have been hinting at it forever. I'm tired of them treating bassists as second class citizens. You can read all about it here on the line 6 board.

If you're as disgusted as I am you may want to make a post there. If enough people speak up, mabye they'll get their priorities straight then.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    So now I can dislike the sound and the support. I will continue to not buy line6 products.
  3. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    LOL, yeah i am not real impressed with their sound either. But they do record rather nicely from what i have heard.

might as well hand it over to MS, so that there can be security updates once a week. LOL

funny though that someone mentioned going back to analog devices. Its nice nowing that the good ole standbys that companies try to outdo are still a viable option.
  4. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    It sounds good to me, not great but good. It is a trade off in a little tone for space. Stage real estate is at a premium in the small to mid size clubs we play in with 5 band members, one of which is a keyboard player that takes up way too much space by himself. So we had to get rid of something so the guitar and bass amps went in favor of amp emulators and or processors direct into the PA. A lot of the effects leave a lot to be desired, the synths are useless with poor tracking on just about any note below the low C on the A string. I'm not a huge effects guy so it usually gets the job done for me but since we play a lot of Top 40 and Eighties dance music and it would be really nice to be able to visit the line 6 website and download a patch for some of the particular songs with signature bass effects rather than scrolling through menus for hours. I wouldn't expect the patches to be perfect just a good starting point.