1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Disgusting ebay purchase (eerp)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by edpal, Jun 20, 2014.

1. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    With summer here the missus and I thought we'd get a new food dehydrator, since our old faithful one is getting creaking and falling apart. Found one that was new(other) - "other" was claimed to be a little damage to the external box of an otherwise new old stock item.

Let's just say my wife shreaked when I lifted it from the box and set on our clean kitchen counter. eerp.

2. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Pre seasoned ? :***:

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Not even my dogs would eat off that (and Maddux has eaten one of my used socks).

4. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    I doubt my cats would touch that, and one of them will eat just about anything.

It certainly out-grosses the Laney amp I bought a few years ago. That thing reeked of dirty dog (complete with souvenir hairs stuck in the grill), filthy garage, and mildew. I tore it apart completely, wiped the cab with bleach, and set it in the sun for several days. I also sprayed it liberally with Ozium. The smell went away after a year. Surprisingly enough, the amp works great. I recently traded it to my band's guitarist, who keeps it in a house that was flooded and probably has hundreds of pounds of mildew living in the walls. The Laney probably feels right at home now.

OP, I hope you informed the seller. I would love to hear his/her response.

5. Mktrat

Mktrat Seriously, are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Apr 9, 2013
    The Mitten
    No. just no.

That's why people suck. Flippin' liars.

6. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ugh indeed :sour:

7. That's the "Flavor Enhancer" edition

IGotGas likes this.
  8. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Oh yumm, that will taste good on strawberries and then Asian pears in the fall.

It sucks, I haven't heard back from them. It totally caught me off-guard, it comes in the store box, box looks good basically, I cut the tape and there it is covered with a clean clear/opaque shipping bag. It's about 18" square so I have to wrap the arms around it a little and lift. Little crackles as **** hits the floor. And then the wife start yelling - ***, OMG!, ehehehe, ***, OMG, etc. Grandson starts crying. You know, we sat at the computer looking at them together, I paid from my paypal account, but somehow I sense this is MY fault. As a former brother-in-law used to say, "if we couldn't **** them we'd have to kill them and eat them."

9. Whatevers on that screen is dried and dehydrated. It will last for years and is edible....

nukes_da_bass and IGotGas like this.
  10. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    is that a pic of a dehydrated rodent?

4StringAxe likes this.
  11. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    That's a shocker! Better luck next time.

12. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    I'm sure you can clean it off. Just soak it in something.

13. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    You're avatar girl is much more appetizing to me. Honestly. Got her number?

14. Ahhh, eBay. No thanks.

ImNotJoel likes this.