Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Displaying your guitars??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Do you prefer to have all your basses/guitars out of their cases and on a stand all the time? or do you prefer to keep them all in their cases when not being played?

I'm a bit paranoid about keeping mine out and on the stands all the time every since someone tried to break in our home several months ago. So here lately I've been keeping all of mine in a somewhat hidden closet in their cases, this gives me a little bit of a piece of mind when I'm gone that I'm not gonna go back home and all my guitars be gone.

There are several guitars that I think I would literally cry if they got stolen since I've had them so long.

What do you do? Display on stand or keep in case?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

That solves that problem. :D

Having said that, I keep mine in my cases, as floor space is at a premium.

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Very nice band name.....but i'm a bit partial since my name is Evan. :)

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    That calls for a shameless plug. :D

btw, Evan was a guy in the band before I got there. He's not in the band anymore, hence the name.

5. Most of my instruments reside in their cases. I do have a 5 instrument rack, and I keep a guitar or 2 out. However, for the most part when I'm done playing, they go back in their cases.

I used to have an apartment with this large beam that ran across one wall, and I put in 4 guitar hangers and always had 4 guitars/basses hanging on the wall- out of direct sunlight and in perfect view of the couch. :smug: