Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disposable video camera?!?!!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 26, 2005.

1. http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/06/technology/personaltech/cvs_camera/

Priced at $29.99, the new camera from San Francisco-based start-up Pure Digital Technologies, doesn't use videotape. Instead, it saves images to internal memory -- like the video mode of a digital camera.

Using just three buttons, consumers can capture up to 20 minutes of digital quality video and sound in either separate segments or clips, CVS (Research) said in a press release Monday.

The video camcorder's 1.4-inch color playback screen lets users watch their home videos and delete unwanted segments. Once they finished shooting, consumers will have to pay an additional $12.99 for processing the footage onto DVDs at their local CVS store since there's no other way to watch the footage recorded.

One drawback of the camera, which weighs under five ounces, is that it cannot be plugged into a TV.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I always thought anything JVC made was disposable! :D

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's pretty cool. Someone will find a way to hack it and let it record infinite times.

4. I work at CVS and have to develop them. Its a pain in my ass. So don't buy them.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Disposable cameras seem like a huge waste to me... both money and moterial...

6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yea you can only record 20 minutes..woopdydoo..

There's better things you can spend $30 on. Like a TB Membership! :)

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Doesn't seem cost effective. Buy a real video camera and record x hours for the price of a couple of 20-minute disposables.