Disreali Gears tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

THE MUSIC OF CREAM Announces 2020 'Disraeli Gears' Tour

I don’t see this as any kind of exploitative cash-in on the heels of Ginger’s death as some might; these kinds of things are planned out months in advance, plus these three have been doing it for a while. It will be interesting how it comes off. One of the few instances where the guitar player is overshadowed by the rhythm section, but then again, over the years as I go back to Cream, every time I’m less impressed with Clapton’s contributions.

bholder and dramatwist like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Definitely not a Ginger exploitation thing. I'd see them if I could for sure.

HaphAsSard likes this.
  3. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Let us enjoy the original recording of Disraeli Gears and leave it at that. It had it's time and place and that can never be repeated again.

Original recording was in both stereo and mono with some differences between the two.

[​IMG]

ajkula66 and Winslow like this.
  4. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I think I'd rather see John Lennon's son do something new with Les Claypool. Or Bob Dylan's son do some music of his own writing with his band.

5. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Well before Baker passed I said I wished I could see them,
    Malcolm Bruce and 50 year anniversary of Cream Tour.
    and sure as heck I do now.

OT, but God was in heavenly form in this bootleg. His solo in "Meet Me in the Bottom" reminded me never to underestimate ol' Derek, but really, stellar playing throughout:

6. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Lower Basstonia
    Bummer, not playing near me... I'd go if they were.

7. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    Kofi started doing this after the Cream reunion tour with his own band. My buddy was the bass player (an inactive TB member). They were good.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022