1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dissapointed In Duncans.. Any New Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shawshank72, Mar 29, 2009.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    :crying::mad:Installed the pbass quarter pounders and took them for a test drive at band practice on my good rig. Have to say i was very dissapointed. Had to actually turn my rig up, there was no high output or huge sound, just run of the mill blah. The sound quality isnt bad, just that they came off weaker than my stock pickups....never fails... so does anyone have any suggestions on some strong pickups?

2. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    You don't need stronger pickups. It all boils down on the frequency conflict between the instruments in the band, as well as the need for more mids (esp low-mids)

Try to set the amp EQ to boost your mids first. Then think of changing the pickup

3. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Although not my favorite pickup the SD QP has a decent output and bright highs and good lows what it lacks IMO is that classic P bass low mid thing that is centered right where you "hear" bass. The Lindys in my old Lakland had the classic sound with lots of highs too, as of late though I'm using a FatTone Super in an 80 Precision with D Addario nickel plated 45 to 105s and that has been my favorite besides my original 68.

:) ... A lot has to do with your strings too, Fender 7150s will help the mids growl in the QP setup you have.