Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dist/OD pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RoyII, Dec 14, 2005.

1. RoyII

RoyII Guest

Aug 4, 2005
    Monterrey, Mex
    So out of these three pedals: Boss OD-3 (the one for bass, cant remember exactly) Digitech X series drive, or Ibanez phat hed. Which of those can handle some mild overdrive, but besides, get a decent fuzz kind of cliff tone??

Sorry about the bad post... is just that I change everything in mi mind when I write and it gets pretty messy... lol

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Neither of them to be honest.

Cliff used an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi, but that doesn't quite do mild either.

3. RoyII

RoyII Guest

Aug 4, 2005
    Monterrey, Mex
    I know they are not very good but which do you people think will give the best of both? I mean.. I heard the samples and they have decent tones, I guess they can sound better with different settings. I was looking into guitar pedals also but the thing is that with them you cant have both signals (clean/distorted) so I reduced my options to those...

4. Did you get a chance to read the distortion mega thread sticky?

5. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Bad Monkey...........

6. the ODB-3 is better for a distortion than an overdrive, but you can get some overdrive sounds if you play around on it. you also can get fuzz, but it is more of a harsh, metallicy fuzz, unlike the warmer, creamier fuzz of a big muff.