1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dist/OD pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RoyII, Dec 14, 2005.

1. RoyII

RoyII Guest

Aug 4, 2005
    Monterrey, Mex
    So out of these three pedals: Boss OD-3 (the one for bass, cant remember exactly) Digitech X series drive, or Ibanez phat hed. Which of those can handle some mild overdrive, but besides, get a decent fuzz kind of cliff tone??

Sorry about the bad post... is just that I change everything in mi mind when I write and it gets pretty messy... lol

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Neither of them to be honest.

Cliff used an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi, but that doesn't quite do mild either.

3. RoyII

RoyII Guest

Aug 4, 2005
    Monterrey, Mex
    I know they are not very good but which do you people think will give the best of both? I mean.. I heard the samples and they have decent tones, I guess they can sound better with different settings. I was looking into guitar pedals also but the thing is that with them you cant have both signals (clean/distorted) so I reduced my options to those...

4. Did you get a chance to read the distortion mega thread sticky?

5. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Bad Monkey...........

6. the ODB-3 is better for a distortion than an overdrive, but you can get some overdrive sounds if you play around on it. you also can get fuzz, but it is more of a harsh, metallicy fuzz, unlike the warmer, creamier fuzz of a big muff.