1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Distorion question for the synthy gurus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheWoodShed, Oct 5, 2009.

1. In your various quests to perfect your synthy uttering, have you ever tried a Sansamp GT-2 as as the distortion unit for your synth effects loop?

2. damn you're a good speller

3. Neuropathy has a tendency to do that do you.

I usually rely on a spell checker, but sometimes it misses.

4. well sorry dude im sorry i was a dick
    but thats talkbass for ya

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    No. And while there's no harm in trying if you have a GT-2 I wouldn't buy one for that purpose. My thought is that a distortion pedal that cuts lows and isn't gated is not ideal for synth applications. I'd look for a a fuzz that either retains low end or has a clean blend and is either gated or tight enough to not really need gating (i.e. Blowtorch) rather than the GT-2.

Again, just my thoughts without actually trying it, though I have tried other heavy distortions (Turbo Rat, XXLB, Land Mine) in synthy combos so I think I have a pretty good idea of what it would sound like.

6. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    You've been given an infraction for violation of rule #1

Rule #1: Address all forum members with the utmost respect at all times.

but THAT'S talkbass for you.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Blammo!