Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

distorsion/overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paolo, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Hi !

Which is the best distorsion/overdrive pedal ?

Thanks

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    This could be the start of another megathread!:eek:

The best one is undoubtedly what is best for you...noone else can tell you what's best for you. But, there are some guidelines that you'll want to consider:

1. Are you out for the best tone?
    2. Are you out for the best flexibility?
    3. Are you out for the best price?

That said, I just purchased the Sans Amp Bass Driver DI this past weekend for $169 plus tax. That's the price that Bass NW advertises on its website, so I'm sure you can pick this up for about the same.

I find that this pedal, as a stomp box, produces some amazing sounds, such as distortion, but also allows for other great tones as well! It's really a fantastic unit, and it also serves as a DI box, too:cool:!

One of the reasons that this box works so well, for me is that it's actually a preamp with a tube emulator. I can bypass it when I want, or I can dial in a number of earth-shattering tones, not to mention the fantastic sounding distortion that I get from it!

If you're looking for a distortion unit in this price range, I recommend it highly...and read the thread by the same name for additional information.

But, again, take into consideration what your needs are to see if this is what you want.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    LOL:D:D:D

An example...why play the Mo' Bass? LOL:D ---that means I'm kidding!;)