1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

distorted gs-112nt w/EA doubler

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CountyryJazzer, Jul 26, 2012.

1. CountyryJazzer

CountyryJazzer

Sep 23, 2008
    Chicago
    If I power either a single cab or both, I get a lot of break up. I was thinking of replacing the stock speaker with a higher wattage one. The cab is rated @ 300w @ 8ohms the amp puts out 310@ 8ohms, so I didn't think I would push these cabs so hard, but if the volume is over 1/2, I get a noticeable break up, just wondering if anyone else gets this?

2. shade615

shade615

Dec 25, 2010
    Nashville
    Analysis Plus
    I rock my GS 112s with my Stewart World 1.2 without issue. That's 675 watts bridged at 8 ohms and 1100 at 4.

3. CountyryJazzer

CountyryJazzer

Sep 23, 2008
    Chicago
    Really? What are ur settings @ do you ever put the volume above 2?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    2 things. 1st, your amp is capable of much more than it's rated power, and 2nd, the cab's are mechanically limited to approximately HALF their rated power. Using low eq boost will make things even worse. Moral(?)- forget wattage ratings, and use your ears. The cabs are being pushed beyond their limit. You need a bigger spkr cab.

5. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    +1

6. CountyryJazzer

CountyryJazzer

Sep 23, 2008
    Chicago
    That's the issue though, on the road i have limited space. 2 1 12 cabs fit the space I have, so more cab is not an option, has anyone had success with speakers with a higher wattage rating?