1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

distortion and reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Korladis, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Okay, as mentioned in the Electro-Harmonix thread, I really like my EH Big Muff pedal. When I use it, I've found that it sounds really cool with reverb as well. However, it's kind of awkward to try to quickly press both a distortion and reverb pedal when I'm actually playing a song.

Is there any pedal that combines both, with a distortion that's comparable to the Russian EHX Big Muff? And if not, is there any sort of device I could rig up to press that would trigger them simultaneously?

2. Actually EHX makes basically what you're looking for, the Holy Stain. It has fuzz and reverb, although I don't know how close to the Muff its fuzz is. Check it out.

3. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    All you need is simplest looper. It is a box with instrument input, amp output + send and return. You put effects in loop (send and return) which can be activated by pressing footswitch. You can even buy looper with blend control which allowes you to add some clean signal to wet one.