1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

distortion/boost pedals, post your recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by saturnbythree, May 2, 2010.

1. saturnbythree

saturnbythree

Apr 27, 2008
    Montreal
    i contacted this guy Zachary http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Pedals.htm unfortunately he stopped production on the pedal because of the death of his partner, im looking for a similar boost/OD/dist for bass any suggestions?

2. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I use my OFO Disnortion (Pigtronix) for a boost on the Fuzz Channel (useful with its EQ select) and a parallel OD. Certainly awesome after the octava channel.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm seriously considering selling my Fulltone BassDrive mosfet, since re-aquiring my old EBS Valve Drive. The Fulltone is a TS clone with a good boost in front of it. If you're looking for a TS clone, anyway. Otherwise, there are just too many choices, and picking from the dozens of bass dirt boxes available really requires alot of "hands 0n", or ears on testing.

4. I just got the Fulltone after testing several pedals, and I think it's fantastic. I am not looking for heavy distortion, but just a nice wooly overdrive. The Fulltone does it for me. Haven't tried the EBS, but I am sure it is high quality like all their stuff. I did try the Markbass Distorsore, which is also tube-driven, but just didn't like the sound all that much, too harsh for me.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Very very true. Even taking into account the "boost + distortion" combo specification, there are a dozen or more of those, each with their own small flavor differences. Best bet for useful advice would be to tell us your preferred budget and preferred tones--especially if you can name specific songs, or better yet post MP3 or Youtube clips of the tone you're after.

6. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    boost+distortion?

HBE Hematoma :)

7. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Way Huge Angry Troll
    Cusack Booster
    Pignose Detonator

8. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    For the best overdrive I like the EBS Valvedrive and / or English Muff'n;
    Boost and Distortion: Devi Dark Boost / Vintage Fuzz Master;
    Amp: Mesa M6 Carbine;
    Cabinet: G-B Neo 410

9. Hassouni

Hassouni

Apr 11, 2010
    I like my Marshall 1959 guitar head :-D

10. The C-Bread SFT (ampeg emulator) and Xotic Bass (tube screamer clone) are what I use.

11. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Be sure to try the Fulltone OCD if you can.