Distortion, great thing...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Feb 18, 2004.

1. well, it's not my gig that it happened in, but i saw it, it was great.

any, i was bored so i was watching Maximum Exposure (aka Max X) and it was a "dudes with tudes" one and there was this mediocre rock group playing this gig in some club, and the dumb jerk in the front started cursing and yelling get off the stage right when they all got plugged in...
    end result, the leed singer (also guitar player) took his guitar and smashed it into that guys skull *the guy that was cursing at them* he had his distorter on so the BANG went through all the speakers louder than hell... then a fight started , show ended there... lawyers came ect...

that singer was really pissed at that guy in the front row eh? :smug:
  2. if that is true.... holy hell!
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    'tain't like the old days. In the old days, Sid would've just urinated on the guy. Poor guy prob'ly woulda enjoyed it too. :)
  4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I saw something similar on Real TV, except it was the bass player. Some guy tried to rush the stage and he just nailed him across the face with his bass baseball-style. It looked like a Warwick Thumb to me, and as an owner of Warwicks I can say they're definitely weapons, all that heavy exotic wood...
  5. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I can only start to imagine the extent to someones facial injuries hitting them with a bass/guitar. Esepcially one as heavy as a Warwick! I'd imagine this would be the persons face :meh: and :crying: ! lol

6. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
  7. Well I don't think the "smart guy" who got his chops smashed in won't be bagging bands for a while. And what is that s... anyway, these stains who are natures cruelest mistakes come to gigs and start heckling before even one note is played!!!! and the idiot probably isn't a muso anyway. Maybe if the band realy sucked it might be excused to some one heckling, but before a notes been played, what a goose!
  8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I believe that Warwick translated from German means War Stick.
  9. would you hit with the bat or the body?

and would it break (the bass, not the skull :D )?
  10. neither i would use the amp!! i have a marshall and its solid but id worry about braking my bass!
  11. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Didn't Pete Townsend used to like to do this? I remember hearing of how he hit many people with his guitar. John for one, and some people rushing the stage.
  12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Personally I would use the butt of the bass in a thrusting motion instead of a swinging motion.
  13. i would love pancaking a mother****er on the head :D

(i wish i had gotten that bc rich nj beast instead of the warwick :) )
  14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    You could've made a nice compromise and gotten a Warwick Vampyre :).
  15. sub voce "the impact of wood"

"the feel of wood"

"the headache of wood"