1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

distortion into another distortion = FUZZ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Sep 6, 2008.

1. i have no clue of what am talking about really, but i need to know if i run a distortion pedal into another one both somewhat cranked up would it sound like a FUZZ?

2. bump

3. EclecticElectrk

EclecticElectrk

Aug 26, 2008
    Brooklyn
    im pretty sure fuzz is just another word to describe distortion. in any case, i dont think running 2 distortion pedals at the same time would sound like a fuzz pedal, probably just really loud feedback and floor shaking noise.

4. i often run my boss DS-2 into my EHX Little Big Muff. the sound is very saturated.

if you're looking for a heavy distorted sound, then it will do the job. if you're looking for fuzz, then buy a fuzzz pedal.

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It depends on the specific type of distortion circuit in terms of how it will sound and whether the feedback will be uncontrollable, but generally speaking fuzz is distortion that is clipped to the max, so sometimes driving a "distortion pedal" hard does = fuzz, and sometimes cascading distortions does = fuzz.

6. ok thanks :)

7. For awhile I was running my ODB-3 into a Big Muff. It had all that messiness of the muff but the ODB seemed to keep some punch and clarity in there. Sounds really heavy. Lots of feedback though. I love me some feedback so that didn't bother me at all.