1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Distortion/OD with top jacks?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Jul 22, 2012.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Looking to gain some board space, so I'd like to see if I can replace two of my big side mount OD pedals with some smaller top jack pedals.

Love pedals that are around $120 new or used, but please feel free to list anything!

I already have:
    Aguilar Agro
    Way Huge Pedals
    DMB Bumble

2. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    [​IMG]

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    The Elements.....more like around $170 but it's boss. Insanely skinny on a board. Top mounted jacks. No low end loss.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Sadly, that Black Sheep pedal is wider than the pedals I'm trying to replace to save space, even with the top jacks!

The Elements is one I want to try for sure. Right there with a Darkglass B3k. I'll try these someday :)

5. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Sorry 'bout that.

By the way, a 1590BB with top jacks has the same footprint as a 1590B with side jacks and cables.

Best of luck in your search. I'm currently looking at re-housing a couple for this same reason.

6. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Check out the 1590A thread. There are some OD/Dist pedals in there that might give you some space back, even though they are all side-mount.