1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Distortion out the Pod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AuntyEthel, Oct 22, 2010.

1. AuntyEthel

AuntyEthel

Oct 22, 2010
    Cape Town
    Ahoy-hoy everyone.

I play a Cort A6 through an Ibanez Soundwave 65. I own a Podxt, but have never been able to elicit a decent distortion out of it, especially as I'm not really too clued up on the processes. I'm looking to get a tone similar to the end of this vid

so basically similar to a VT. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of distortion to use, the values I should be looking for, even an amp sim that would compliment it? As I said, I'm really not the most clued up person when it comes to effects...

2. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    Use a tube screamer model

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you're talking about the distortion on the last part of the clip and you're trying to duplicate that sound on your line 6 pod xt, try combining the ampeg svt model with either the tube screamer model or the proco rat model.