Distortion pedal, please help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by camerondye, Dec 21, 2002.

1. camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    I want a distortion pedal that you can control how much of the original bass sound comes through like the Boss ODB-3 that actually has a good distortion sound. It also has to be quiet when the unit is turned off. The boss has an average sound and doesn't sound that great when off. I have found that if you mix a over-the-top distortion with the original, that is the best sounding distortion. Any help would help...thanks
  2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I'm not sure which one has a blend knob. The Fulltone maybe? The "more' knob on a DOD BassGrunge is pretty much like that, but it doesn't go COMPLETELY clean. The BassGrunge does have a second clean out,though. I think the BassGrunge is a VERY good pedal for the price you can get one for on Ebay. People look down on it because it has a goofy name and it's from DOD, but trust me, it's a great peadl. My friend made fun of me when I first got mine and then he got one after playing it. Or, What you can do is get 2 cheap little line mixers and split your signal into the 2 pedals and then back into the second line mixer. This way, you can use any pedal you want or, even blend a couple pedals at a time.
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz has a separate volume for the clean and effected tones. I use mine a lot, and I've been getting compliments on my tone. It will do sounds from almost-overdrive to really raspy fuzz.

The MXR M-80 also gives you the blend option, but it's more of a multi-purpose pedal, which has EQ, XLR out, etc.

I'm thinking pretty seriously of trying a Tech 21 TRI-AC, which allows three separate pre-sets.

'Course, I'd also like to try a Woolly Mammoth, a Drivetrain, a Deep Fryer, a Bass Drive, a Buddha, a Juggernaut (when they come out), a Chunk, and some others, but you never see one anywhere you can try it.