Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Distortion PEDALS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Anyone have any experience with the Ibanez Phat Head (PH7) ? I am curious as to how good it is...

OR

Do you have any experience with bass distortion pedals at all? can you gimme some goods/bads?

thank you...

-Jon:oops:

2. Sworn

Sworn

Feb 27, 2003
    So Cal
    I've heard many good things about the PD-7, though I have yet to try it. Just go down to your local guitar center (if you have one) and try it out. Also Ibanez has some cool sounds samples on thier web site.

3. erich

erich

Mar 3, 2003
    Birch Bay, WA
    Endorsing Artist: Kahler Bass Tremolos
    I use a DOD G7 processor with the Grunge patch set at maximum for my distortion channel. It produces tons of distortion/sustain, and I can easily pull feedback out of my bass. I asked a DOD tech if they make/made a pedal that has the same circuit, and he told me that they don't. Before the DOD, I used to use an older SansAmp pedal that had awesome tone. I haven't tried the Ibanez unit, but I read good things about them.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really liked my Ibanez PD-7.
    Excellent pedal, unbeatable for this price.
    I only got rid of it when I got a Fulltone BassDrive.

5. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    DOD doesn't make it....ANYMORE. They did make it at one time and it's the FX92 BassGrunge. I have one and use it all the time. It's a great pedal and they can be had for pretty cheap on ebay, although they are getting rare. Goes from crisp overdrive to full-on raunchy fuzz. You can even play power chords on it with the distortion cranked and it sounds good. I also highly recomend the Ibanez PD7. I tend to prefer cheap pedals.