Distortion with Expression pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Feb 8, 2006.

1. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Is here a pedal that does this? Think of a wah pedl but instead of 'Q' its got 'Gain'. So you could dynamically control the distortion and do all sorts of feedback swells and such (tool does this a lot). If one wanted to the ycould hit a note and fade in and out of clean/distortion.

So, does it exist? If so, how much and where can I get one?
  2. jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    SWR Interstellar Overdrive.
  3. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Akai Shred-O-Matic.
  4. i used to be interested in the shred-o-matic, until a lot of people said it didn't sound too well on bass...

but i am talking to a few guys who are telling me how to take the gain pot on an overdrive and in place of the pot put in a jack to control the gain...i want to do that instead, then you can use whatever distortion you want...if it really is possible to do it...
  5. FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    a line 6 dm-4 distortion modeller with the optional expression pedal will do that if you program it to, it lets you program one preset toe up and another toe down and as you rock it forword or back it moves between the settings pretty fluidly
  6. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
  7. the fuzz probe is cool, but i don't think it controls the blend like the original poster said...from what i gathered from that video on zvex.com it looked like you can go from fuzz to outrageous fuzz by moving your foot!
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

You want a 3rd hand pedal or a multi effect unit.
    Also, if you want to foot control gain of level, just use a regular volume pedal. Place it before dist for the former and after dist for the latter.
  9. I have a Line 6 Distortion Modeler and have used it with the expression pedal... it works very well. You can adjust anything on the knobs & morph between 2 settings. It will cover everything in between pretty nicely.

The 3rd Hand - http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/tip.php

will adjust the gain (or any other knob) on any pedal you want!! (assuming it has the standard shaft to hook to)
  10. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The 3rd hand will work unless you have a drive and a seperate volume setting. Both will need to be turned at once.

I've got an idea on the back burner, trying to figure this out, but I haven't the time lately.
  11. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I use this very effect for sevral songs, except it fades from reverb and chorus to distortion. I use my Boss GT-6B to do this, and you can do it with any of the parameters for any of the effects.
  12. i have the GT 6 B too and I'd love to do this,...
    can you explain me exactly, how you do this?

thanks very much
  13. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Another vote for the akai shred o matic
  14. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Anyone got sound clips of any of these? I'd like to hear a few before I start poking around.
  15. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    *picks up GT-6B*
    Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. First, push the pedal button and turn the pedal off. This turns off the volume control. Next, keep pressing the arrow over until you get to control pedal (CTL PEDAL). Turn it on by pressing the pedal button again. You can probabally figure it out from there. Use a default setting first and mess with that a little, then try to make your own. You can control 8 parameters at once I think.