Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 3, 2001.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    as we all know it is nearing that beloved holiday we call christmas.a time for giving,family,friends and making my mom buy me gear:D !!! i think im going to get a distortion pedal. im looking for that les claypool sound.i want it to be a tube pedal too. any sugestions?

2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    thanks man. yea boss pedals kick some major a$$

3. Since when? :confused:
    Boss pedals in bypass mode sucks tone big time.

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i was making the asumpsion that boss bass pedals were good because thats all my guitar player uses and they sound awsome.anyway i want tube sound from my next pedal. any more sugestions?

5. Yes, ask Santa for a Sans Amp BDDI.;)

6. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Boss pedals are built well. Some sound good, most are ok. They vary in thier bypassed quality.
    Boss is to effects pedals as Peavey is to amplification.

As for distortion, there are tons of pedals that work with bass. I don't agree that it must be tube for a good sound. There are many germanium transisitor based pedals that are very good, such as the Fulltone BassDrive.

Some suggestions based on stuff I own or have tried:

EH Big Muff (USA)
    Fulltone Bassdrive
    ZVex Wolly Mamoth

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    :confused: :confused:

8. :D

9. YEAH_CHECK_THAT_PHAT_HED_WHILE_YOUR_AT_IT_IT_SHREDS_PHAT_NOIZ_LIKE_FIELDY!

hehe jk... the boss bass overdrive was once one of ym fav effects. It is still my most used because i love overdrive but the boss is a very sub-par piece of equipment that really sucks tone in bypass and cannot give you any good light overdrive tones.

oh yeah can we tone down the dist threads a little