1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DISTORTION

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nickbaxter, Oct 6, 2010.

1. nickbaxter

nickbaxter

Dec 30, 2009
    I am looking to buy a distortion pedal. I have been using the Diesal Dawg by Galien Kruger but its on loan from a friend and need to give it back to him.

I have got a list of 3 pedals. Could someone list the pros and cons please? I play in a Experimental/Punk/Rock band.

The Diesal Dawg (not sure if they are running this product anymore)
    Fulltone Bass Drive
    Sansamp Tech 21 BassDrive.

Any help or links is much appreciated.

Cheers

2. experimental punk? bit of an oxymoron.

anyway why don't you ebay the diesal dawg if you liked that one?

3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    There were 2 in the classifieds!

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    For punk rock as well as hard rock and heavy metal, the digitech xbd bass overdrive/distortion pedal or the boss obd-3 would be a good choice.

5. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Also, if you like the Diesel Dawg and don't like your amp, you could upgrade to a GK 2001RB which has the Diesel Dawg's controls on the second channel (it's foot-switchable if you have the foot controller, I used to own one) of the amp (where the Diesel Dawg was developed from, much like the way the Aguilar Agro pedal was developed from the rackmount Agro which was developed from the second channel of the AG500).

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021