Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disturbed

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This may get me flamed, but here goes: I listened their CD, without any interuptions, and I gotta say, I LIKE IT!!! Sure, there's some screaming involved, but overall, I like their songs. Okay, release the hounds! :D

2. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    It appears not many hounds have been set loose, but I have a small rabbit like mutt to set free. I have not heard the CD but all the songs off the radio ... if he would sing low all the time or well at least most of the time it would be much better, I think his voice when he's trying to "sing" is too high and sounds like a little boy complaining.

3. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Boy that did not work at all, I decided i didnt like the way my first reply ended unsubscribed it and added in the new version but it seems it did not remove the first.. oh well i look like a dumb *&$# as allways:rolleyes:

4. I like thier stuff too. I went to a concert of theirs because I got free tickets. Lotta "Cool" bands there also, but distrubed was headlining. They do some good Riff-based music. No big long boring solos. Fairly crunchy, and the singer is a good writer. I also like the way the guy sings, actually has a controllable range. He does let it get outta hand though. Shout 2000 is actually pretty cool.

Good to hear. Check out the CD ya'll. Actually decent music.

5. I thought I knew you, Woodchuck! *cries* :D

I personally can't stand 'em, to me they sound like a regurgitated (probably spelled that wrong) Korn.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Do you hear clickities? I like Korn's signer much more, lots of emotion. Give the whole cd a listen. I think Disturbed is pretty good. Their guitarist is pretty bad live though.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    They kind of fit into what I call "Rhythmic Rock", that seems to be based on power chords slammed out in rhythmic intervals that are condusive to nodding one's head in a rapid, high-wavelength oscillating pattern. Not much in the way of melody or harmony, just head bangin' music. Which isn't a bad thing, we all need to hear pissed off music at some time or another. They also get bonus points for being from Chi-town. For whatever that's worth.

8. You must have heard them on a bad night because disturbed is one of the most tight (sigh) nu-metal bands around. I respect them for that more than anything. They are a great band, even my dad likes them!?!

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I watched the Ozzfest Pay-Per-View video. It was on only one song, It sounded diffrent from how it sounds on the radio. What was their first single? Whatever the name, thats the one.