Disturbed's new Bass Player!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by E-rock, May 1, 2004.

1. E-rock

Mar 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I wish I could say it was me, but it's not :bawl:
    They ended up choosing John Moyer from Austin, Texas. Some of you may know him as the former bass player for the band The Union Underground.
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Stingray user replacing a stingray user :meh:
  3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Thats cool.
    I kinda like Disturbed and I kinda like The Union Underground.
    But I really like his hat.
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Interesting that Disturbed does this huge public audition thing, only to go with somebody who was marginally famous already, just like Limp Bizkit. What's up with that? :rolleyes:
  5. E-rock

Mar 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, I know what you mean....I did audition, and now I know what it would be like to be on the show "Average Joe" ...just to have the girl pick the hunky guy at the end. :rolleyes:
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You should have worn your coolest hat. They would have picked you.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    On the upshot, at least Disturbed didn't have the bass guys auditioning with original material that they were forced to legally sign away the rights to (Limp Bizkit style).

Does anyone have that huuuge post on some BBS about that? I remember it was posted here back when the LB tryouts were still taking place. I can't remember any key words, so searching the archives of TB is a bit hard.
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Jeez, yeah, they can't give a kid who's a big fan a break. Something tells me there were at least a couple dozen kids who would have loved to get a break in the music biz who looked just as "cool" who I think should have got the job. I would have auditioned, but I would have had to roll by hot topic first. Lame, really lame.
  10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

To feel more in touch and less distant from their fans perhaps? not sure. either way it should be interesting to hear the new bass player live
  11. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Also, I think alot more people would be interested in seeing the band with a true fan playing bass and living out his dream. I know I would.
  12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thing is the kid or the fan have no idea how much it takes to play in this caliber(sp?) of a band. The touring and the "whats expected of you" things are enormous.

They made a good decision going this route.
  13. If I would have been on tour with a big touring band when I was 21 I would have made a BIG MESS OF IT. Of course I say that now...
  14. i know exactly what it takes, tons of jet lag, fake people and rehearsals and etc etc. thats why i didn't audition, i have to truly love the music to do it all.
  15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Actually, from what I have read, John stood in line freezing right with everyone else for the Chicago auditions. Don't be pissed, he just had a better resume'. It's a job like any other.
  16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Too nu-metalish for me. That sucks you didn't get the job though. My suspicions tell me that Disturbed already decided they would choose a bass player from a already semi-known band from the start. They probably just let fans try out just to give the impression they cared. I think Limp Bizkit did that whole gimmick thing with the guitar players too. I don't think they had any intentions of choosing a real fan of theirs.

P.S in that picture is he using a PICK?? C'mon dude, your suppose to be in a metal band!! :D
  17. Don't worry, you won't hear him at all in a live setting. You WILL hear too much guitar and kick drum tho, if last tour was any indication.

Tip your soundman!