Disturbed's vacant bass position

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by appler, Jan 27, 2004.

1. appler

appler Guest

I couldn't find any threads within the first ten or so pages of search results, so here goes. Disturbed's been looking for a new bassist for a while, and on their website (www.disturbed1.com), it sounds like basically anyone can audition. From the site:

"Disturbed is accepting submissions for the vacant bass player position. Please send demo's, 8X10's and contact information to the following address. Full bio's are not necessary.

4042 N. Pulaski
    Chicago, IL 60641"

Anybody tried out?

(Sorry if I missed a previous thread on the subject or something.)
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Pretty cool. I will shoot them an app, just for the fun of it. ;) I will let you all know if I become a rock star. :p
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    too late, i already got the jonb:cool:

4. appler

appler Guest

Kind of unrelated but my name is Bobby too and I'm from Jersey. Go Jersey-Bobs.
  5. I don't really like them.
  6. If i wasn't 15, I'd try out, why not. Plus, their guitar player grew up only 20 minutes away from me.
  7. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    What's wrong with the Jersey-Bobs???

8. what are they expecting people to send them, original basslines and whatnot? what do they mean 8x10s? not the cabinets i hope! :p
  9. appler

appler Guest

Yeah! What he said!

Yeah, dude, that'd be a hell of a shipping charge for those 8x10's! ;)
  10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    It's people like you that make me wanna say Duh!, of course they don't mean speaker cabinets, they want people in their 80's who can do the math.
  11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Standard sized promo photos
  12. Well, I'm not the biggest Disturbed fan in the world either, but I'll do it. I need a job! :D

off to Kazaa!!

:bassist: I'm there!!

13. Ditto :D
  14. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Someone lose their sense of humor somewhere?????

I sent the stuff in a while ago, I figure there is slim to no chance of even getting calkled for an audition, but hey......wouldn't it be cool to jam with them for 15 seconds before they yanked your cable and said "thanks for coming"?
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow, send an 8x10... great, they are worried about how you look. Typical. :oops:

I could be made out to look DiZtuRBBd, I also don't hate there music, and I would also enjoy being a big famous rock star, but I probably won't apply.
  16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm gonna win that job. I have the perfect name. Nobody will notice that the other bassist is gone!

Fuzz - Fuzzbass - get it? :rolleyes: :D
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, we get it, we're just trying to ignore it as best we can...

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well, I'm sure they wouldn't want someone like Lee Sklar, even though he's overqualified.:p

OTOH, it's not like Lee's desperate for a gig. ;)
  19. tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I haven't seen any talk on this one in a while. They are holding two separate open auditions, one in LA on Saturday and one in Chicago on April 4. Go to www.disturbed1.com for the details.

Any TBers gonna tryout? Let us know how it goes!

20. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Do people really listen to them? I saw them on tv once, just a bastard child of every bad nu-metal cliche. It's kinda funny watching that singer strut around on stage. He reminds me of a skin head making his way to the mosh pit, only to get his arse whupped.