1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Disturbing news story in Australia

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr_Dave, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    This is a very disturbing and sad story that has just come to the news here in Australia...

a 17 year old girl was invited to the movies on MSN by 2 guys she had met before. When she got off the train at the station to met them, there were 12 guys waiting instead. They encirled her and forced her down to the bank of the nearby Werribee River in Melbourne and assaulted her. They filmed the whole thing, turned it into a DVD and started selling it at their school.

You can read the details at the links below...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...recorded-on-dvd/2006/10/24/1161455722271.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/rape-probe-over-sex-attack-dvd/2006/10/25/1161699379876.html

Normally i don't think violence is a good way to solve problems but i want to break these guys legs with a crow-bar. I can't believe these people did this, it is really really messed up.

2. This is ****, I can't beleive that people like these exists...

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    horrible.

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    sorry its such a nasty thing to read about - i just can't believe it actually happened

5. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    They also just said that anyone trying to buy or acquire this DVD will be charged for pedophilia offenses. It's sad that things like these happen.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yikes. That kind of garbage is happening more and more. Maybe not the DVD part, but people being set-up through online meetings.

-Mike

7. I think im going to be sick . . .

8. I agree, people who say violence doesnt solve anything is mistaken, you could easily remove this scum from the gene pool.

There was a case in the UK that the guy should be shot, plain and simple, he walked into a families house, went into thier bathroom, took thier 6 year old daughter out of the bath (without anyone knowing obviously), took her down the street, raped her, and left her naked in an alley (in the middle of winter!)

People like this should just be taken out! They are definatly a reason to don the Doc Martins and go head stomping :mad:

9. I saw that on the news the other day, yeah. Absolutely incredible. What a **** (insert whatever you like there...)

What makes me laugh about this case (at them, not with them) if that they thought they could get away with it. I'm amazed they got away with it for so long though. I mean, really... But at least they're being bought to justice now.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh yes, that sicko. That happened in Blyth IIRC, which is about 15 minutes in the car from where I live. However, he did not take her into the street and rape her, he took her in his car, drove her around, raped her someplace quiet and dumped her naked in the alley near her house. Yep, I'd let him be killed too.

As for the 'tards in this video...well, hopefully they'll get whats coming to them, a good bumming in prison!

11. i blame these shows like jackass, throwing eggs at taxi drivers? dropping flares on homeless people? whats wrong with these guys?

12. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    You can't blame tv, just like you can't blame music for people getting shot at school. Some people are just straight up dumb individuals. And while people are set up online and stuff, I've never heard of anyone actually KNOWING the people she was goign to meet beforehand and getting royally screwed over like that. And I don't think a crowbar will do this justice...

13. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I don't care for shows like jackass and it's ilk, but you can't posisbly go blaming anything of this nature on television.

This is exponentially out of that league.

Blame cannot be cast lightly for any act such as this. The blame falls souly on the perputrators (spelling?), it doesn't matter what they watch on tv or anything. They should have the conscience to not do this kind of garabage.

If they don't, they need to be removed from society.

14. of course, but so much of this stuff is done "haha that was cool on tv lets do some dumb stuff too", of course i don't think they shouldnt be punished, i just think there would be less of this kind of crap if the kids didn't have "role models" like they have on tv

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    While the crime itself is terrible I don't get the thinking of these individuals that makes them think that they could film it and then sell it and get away with it.

16. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    My heart goes out to the poor girl, and beng the father of a 3 year old girl, it makes me sick to see this s*** happening.

17. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I hope they get a dose of their own medicine. I hope they get anal raped.

I never thought I'd say that.

18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ??

...exactly why i won't let my 15 year old son go see the Jackass movie ,
    or watch the series on television ...
    some of the stuff is funny or stupid , but some of it is just downright wrong .
    he's 15 , and raging hormones don't need any help from crap like that .

back on topic ...
    imo , these punks who abused the girl should be punished as adults ...
    full extent of the law ."go straight to jail , do not pass go "...
    a "slap on the wrist " is going to send a message that you can do stuff like this
    and get off with a light punishment , if any at all ...

how would you feel if something as terrible as this happened to your daughter ,
    sister or mother ?

19. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok, but it's not like Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera are going around raping people. They pull pranks on each other, make dick and fart jokes, and pretty much punish each other. The difference lies in the fact that they do it as a profession; they get paid to be jackasses (oh my god). I'm fairly positive I recall reading a few years ago that kids were trying to mimic the Jackass stars (some ended up dying, or seriously injured, correct?) and sending tapes in to be on the show, and it got to the point where Jeff Tremaine and the crew had to be like 'if you send it in, we won't watch it, so don't bother doing it anyway.' Some people just get so involved in television and film that they have a hard time seperating reality or something, I guess. I like to call these people 'doofuses' and hope that natural selection will take care of them.

20. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, they even put there names in the credits. These people are ****ed in the head.

Someone on the radio here suggested that - althought this is wrong and disgusting - people make them sit down and what while they do the same stuff to there sisters or mothers. See how they feel about it then