1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ditching the Jeep for a 7 passenger.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HollowBassman, Sep 28, 2008.

1. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I'm getting rid of my Jeep and would like to replace it with a vehicle that can haul at least 7 people but that isn't going to void my Man-card(read: no unibodys). Any suggestions?

I was interested in tracking down an International Travelall or a Ford Bronco Centurion but it seems availability is gonna be a problem, so I might have to settle on something like a full-size van.

2. My 1973 Olsmobile Delta 88 would seat 7. Three across the front with elbow room and 4 across the back. The middle two in the back had to share a seatbelt, so it's best if they already "know" eachother. The Delta had more style than your other selections, but understand that it migth be too much "man" for even you.

Picture this car, only Doo-Doo Brown (factory color) and without the running boards. nothing says "big pimpin'" like a Delta.

[​IMG]
    Mike

3. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

Dodge grand caravan seats7,I got 2, 23mpg too!

4. Oh, and another thing "hollowbassman" (you should really consider using your real name, those of us who use our real first name don't trust you so much), you can get a similar experience with a Buick Centurion.

Mike

5. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I like this suggestion, but this vehicle is going to be doing double duty as both people transport and (temporary) gig-vehicle. I'm not sure I can fit all of our gear plus three or four people in there.

6. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    My real name? But then people could blackmail me! :eek:

Josh

7. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    oh man, I bet that Delta has a seat like a chaise lounge

8. im actually looking into the same thing, i have a grand cherokee that i like a lot, but am constantly putting the back seat up and down for gear or whatever. with a 6 month old baby boy and a carseat, it is getting old. i was thinking an extended 7 passenger caravan style and permenantly pulling out the rear seat to accomodate the family and the band. anybody know where to find depth dimensions of middle seat to hatch door on an extended minivan? sorry to hijack.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You need a convertible Renault Espace:

Here's how to make one (and test it):

10. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Wow, that's exactly what I need! All of the open air fun that I've grown accustomed to with the Jeep, but with enough added cargo space for my gear and, on top of that, I'll be able to keep it somewhat dry. I just hope they make one that will drive on the right side of the road.

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    a jeep can fit 7... just not safely.

12. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I drive a '99 Dodge Durango. You can seat 7 comfortably and I really like the bodystyle and interior.