Divine Intervention

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mixmasta J, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
    Now I am a practicing Catholic, as well as a practing bassist. I've been playing for a while now, and although everyone knows my name, I am never called to play. I am in a struggling band and it hurts, becasue music is my life. I want to teach music, and I seriously believe that this is why I was put on Earth.

Anyways, I am so frustrated one day, and I pray, "God please help my music career because this is the reason you put me on this planet."

the next day my band kicks me out for another bassist who likes to party more than me.....great

but soon after the best guitarist in my school, and probably in town, asks me to be in his band for a gig coming up soon! This player and his band are a jam rock band, and are well known everywhere. Then I get home, and I get a phone call saying that the church band has accepted me into the band!

wow all I can say is that God must agree with me, because these gigs are going to jumpstart my music career, and I am so happy I just had to share this with all of you. Just be patient, and things will fall into place.
  2. Nice story...glad to hear things are working out with you. It just shows how keeping a positive perspective can really help make things happen.
  3. Now don't you wish you had asked to win the lottery since you had the Big Guy's attention?

4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    See there, the positive proof of the power of prayer. Maybe Major Metal put in a good word for you . :)