DIY Combo Kickback Stand

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BAG, Dec 30, 2016.

1. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    I've been looking for a decent foldable stand for a small combo for some time. I've got a cut-down milk crate that is perfect for my Peavey Max 115 but my little Schertler B10 is actually a quarter inch or so too narrow for the crate.

All the ones i've found for sale are either too shallow front-to-back (the Schertler is deeper than it is wide and a bit front heavy) or they don't fold flat. So..... i decided to make one myself.

I had a black timber shelf laying in the garage for over 6 years without being used so it got cut up with a jigsaw and had a couple of hinges installed. All up it cost me $4.50 for the hinges plus a few strips of gaff tape. I intend to get some rubber on the contact points but for now the gaff is doing the job. It is really steady and allows a decent range of angles for different stages. I'm pretty happy with the results.

20161231_150053.jpg 20161231_150113.jpg
    20161231_150129.jpg 20161231_150138.jpg 20161231_150536.jpg

Attached Files:

astack, JRA, S-Bigbottom and 6 others like this.
  2. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Troy, MO
    Nice, simple solution, and compact. Thanks for the idea!

3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Another option would be a spring loaded recessed handle on the bottom of the cab. Stealth, no extra stand to carry, and pretty cheap.

4. I like the user selectable kickback angle.

5. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    I actually looked into doing something like that but didn't feel comfortable drilling into the cab anywhere and, without more design skill than i have, it would only provide for one angle.

Downunderwonder and 2saddleslab like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021