1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DIY Fingerboard Taper Jig

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mrz2u, Jul 6, 2012.

1. mrz2u

mrz2u

May 10, 2012
    Dunno if anyone posted something like this before…search didn’t pop up any by this name anyway.

I suck at the bandsaw…cant keep it straight and a fence doesn’t help either! I saw this in pictures on a google search so its definitely not my idea but I built it just the same.

Board is ¾ birch ply 10x30in
    Harbor Freight has clamps for $5.99 each http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-horizontal-toggle-clamp-96233.html They have a vertical one as well at the same price.

I set the bases of the clamps 4.5 inch from the cutting edge and 7 inches from the ends…just cause. In sharpie I made notes to set the fence at 10 inches and gave directional arrows as well cause I can get stupid sometimes!

Nothing fancy but works great! Just mark up your taper and line up the cuts to the edge of the jig and run it thru the table saw.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    I built mine exactly like this (with harbor freight clamps also) it worked great.