Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DIY Onboard EQ anyone?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by EvilBassPlayer, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Hi!

Just a week ago i started my bass project (My own version of Allodox's Mr. P), i bought a good-but-wounded Aria Pro II FB series bass, serious scratches and dents all over the body and neck, but it has virtually zero wood damage, only on the finish. Less than US$80 for it.

Well, it's a pretty good bass, P (n) + J (b) config, 2 volume and 1 tone controls, very solid and punchy to be a cheapo with a bad first owner (a guitarrist), im very pleased with my purchase, but it lacks of something very important to me: Onboard 3 band EQ.

All my previous basses (3 Ibanez: SR, EDB, BTB) had it... and this japanese cheapo has only the tone knob, not so useful for my tastes, and i want to remplace it.

I was looking all over internet for a schematic or even some ideas to build my own onboard 3 band eq for 9V or 18V, doesn't matter (remember, it's a project), i have exp with electronics, so build one by myself doesn't sound too complicated.

Help me out with this, guys!

Thanks!

EBP

2. Well...you could strat by posting under "basses" and not "effects" for one thing....BigFeet is SO going to shut you down pal, sorry?

3. Yikes! Sorry!

EBP

4. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
  5. WOAH! Thanks a lot! Finally the crappy tone control will disapear!

Thanks Patrick!

EBP

6. Well...I admit that I haven't really taken the time to read through that link but it looks like a wealth of info? Can you two tell me in a nutshell exactly what that is I'm looking at???

7. I'm going to send this over to pickups now.