1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DIY Pedal Board pre-questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DaftCat, Jan 4, 2007.

1. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Hi,

Before I go about asking questions is there a sticky somewhere I am not aware of?

Thanks,

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    It's always a good idea to do a "search" with some of the keywords in your question. There have been a few threads about home-built pedalboards over the past year or so, but it's not a frequent topic.

3. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Thanks for the replies and links.

One guy delved a tad into a concern I had. He mentioned a regulated power supply(I thought of this too) but he found out he had more noise than what a wallwart would cause.

I have about 7 pedals I want to mount on a board. The only pedal that will be ON all times is the limiter. The rest are used individually(depending on the tune and mood). Is it safe to use one wallwart 9v to supply them all? From a power draw angle I don't see a problem.

Just figured I'd tap the TB wisdom beforehand.

Thanks!

4. That's his circumstance, and there's nothing to say that you'd suffer the same problem. Plus, some wallwarts ARE regulated.

He probably encountered ground loops, which is a whole other box of fish... or was it a kettle of dice... :confused:

More searching will turn up umpteen billion threads about ground loops and isolated and/or regulated supplies. Take a look at the voodoo labs pedal power II, it seems to be the first choice deluxe power supply.

5. The Dunlop Brick is a nice (and cheaper) power supply as well.

6. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Thanks, never heard of that product.

Thanks for all replies also.

DCat