1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DL4 ACTING UP

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by newbold, Sep 29, 2009.

1. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    When the leftmost footswitch works (which is about 15-20% of my repeated pushings lately) it will trigger either the switch next or the half speed/reverse switch.

How do I fix this?
    Where should I send it for repair in Canada?

2. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I hope I can get this fixed.

3. richrenken

richrenken

Apr 22, 2009
    Calabasas, CA
    Product Manager Line 6
    Have you called Customer Service yet? 818-575-3600 or you can post a thread over at our Support forums. Be sure to mark it as a question.

Let me know if you have a problem. They kick butt so you should be good to go.

4. The DL4 is awesome but those switches are absolutely terrible!

When my dads DL4 died, I managed to fix it by replacing the stock switches with these ones from Small Bear... Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=672

Or it might have been these... Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=26

Either way, you just need to remove both parts of the stock switches (open it and you'll know what I mean) and solder wires from the two lugs on the new switch (in the above links) to two of the holes (left from the removed stock switch) diagonally across from each other.

Test it before soldering it in place and make sure that the wires you use are long enough to let you put the PCB and new switches back into the case. It's a VERY easy job and is well worth it to save an otherwise fairly busted pedal. I'm pretty hopeless with a soldering iron and I had no problems. I swapped out the LEDs for orange ones while I was at it.

Flick me a PM if you need any more info :)

Hope that helps.

5. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada

Hi. I`m going to do this to my pedal but i`m not sure where to hook up the wires on the board. Does it matter which way diagonally you do it?

I made this little picture to help me out. Maybe you can tell me which wire goes on what letter...

Line6switch.

Thanks in advance

6. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    i found that simply taking the pedal apart and putting it back together did the trick.

7. A and D or B and C. Either way will work. Test it with a piece of wire first; don't solder it in, just touch the points to check that it changes to that preset. You'll have to have the power on to do this but make sure you turn it off when soldering!

8. lupien

lupien

Aug 17, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Sweet!

Thanks alot bassbmx. I will give this a shot over the weekend.