DL4 Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plasson, Nov 7, 2005.

1. plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Hallo there...
    I was looking for a power supply for my Line6 DL4, but, the only one I've found is the Line6 PX2 (due to the HIGH quantity of amperes required by the unit).
    But... I was reading the features of this power supply and it reads: The PA-9 can power up to three Line-6 Modelers while still having power remaining for other effect units.
    I wander: how can a 1.7A power supply power up to 3 Line 6 Modelers (still leaving energy for other pedals) if each one of these needs 1.2A to work?!
    Maybe Line 6 wrote on the back of its pedals that they require 1.2A only to sell THEIR power supply?
  2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    The actual current demand may be well less than the rating of the power supply. You may find that you have no problems running one supply close to its rating as opposed to running several supplies well below their rating. The idea with the individual supplies is that you should have better voltage regulation.

I'm running one All-In-One switching PS for five pedals, including two big BOSS dualies, and I occasionally power my Strobostomp as well, and it has been fine. But I carry at least one spare wall wart and a spare daisy chain, JIC.
  3. plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    but, what's the current demand of your ps?