Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dman 2044 PC In/Out Box

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NJL, Mar 5, 2003.

1. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my brother sent me a Midiman Dman 2044 In/Out box for my computer about two years ago.

i'm just now getting to install the thing:

it's really cool a PCI card that has a cable that runs to an exterior box that has 8 1/4" in/outs (4 of each). i finally tracked down the driver from the website (midiman.com i guess).

does anyone happen to have any experience with this tool?

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I used to have one.
    What do you want to know about it?
    Do you intend to record music to your computer with it, or do you just want to use it as your regular sound card?

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    it took me about three hours to get it going. i had to track down drivers for it and then try to install it. my computer didn't want to recognize it.

we it's in now, but the levels are kinda' low. i know with the jumpers, it goes to -10db. i don't have any jumpers? should i get some? or do i just need to boost any signal to the in's?

i have only tried my bass into it. i have yet to try my D4 or U20 (as you can tell, my gear is top notch!!! :D )

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I never had to fool with the jumpers on mine (I honestly don't even remember any jumpers). I wasn't plugging directly into it though, I plugged everything into a mixer then went from the mixer into the Dman.
    Have you tried turning up the recording input level on the computer, it's only up about halfway by default. If that doesn't help, then maybe you need to try the jumpers.
    Good luck.