1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dmitry Lisenko releases video course: "Percussive Acoustic Bass"

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Apr 2, 2018.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    This course is an introduction to the unique percussive finger style technique that Dmitry Lisenko pioneered on the acoustic bass guitar. Lisenko has mastered this technique, and shares some of his tips and tricks in this one-of-a-kind video course.

Lisenko has found several ways to imitate a drum kit, and shows how to perform melody, bass, and rhythm at the same time using only a 4-string acoustic bass guitar.

Dmitry has brought new attention to the acoustic bass bass guitar: He has gained millions of views on social media platforms, signed endorsement deals with Warwick & Gallistrings and won a bass guitarist competition in Russia in 2015. He performs at the largest bass player events like London Bass Guitar Show 2017, Warwick Bass Camp 2016/2017, Moscow Bass Day 2016, and St.Petersburg Bass Day 2016.

By understanding the core concept you will be able to replace whole rhythm section in acoustic concerts, acting as a bass player and drummer at the same time. Also its an incredible way of exploring your bass at home, for solo playing, cover songs arrangements and just for the joy of playing! It's open a whole new dimension in you composition thinking and rhythm section understanding.
    All exercises and information given here is to demonstrate most common approaches and techniques used in percussive style. It’s a first step in discovering rhythm section abilities for bass players.
    This video course will be beneficial for musicians of any level , starting from complete beginners to most advanced players. You will need acoustic bass to fully benefit from the course, but also many techniques and tips can be applied on to electric bass. I am sure after watching few videos you will want to get an acoustic bass for yourself.

Course Trailer :
    Download the course : http://truefire.com/set_cart.html?add=13270&src=artist

Dmitry's web page : www.dmitrylisenko.com

7941f9850d5ff59e1d69468abf04a331_770x520.

Benthoven, East Coast and bullitproof like this.
  2. bullitproof

bullitproof Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Boston
    I've seen many of his videos on YouTube, great playing technique and sounds awesome.

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    For reasons I don't understand, I was prepared not to like this guy. I think I expected him to take himself a little too seriously and his music to be all showpieces about his chops.

I listened to his album "Minimalist" - while there are certainly massive chops on display, the music is tasteful and contemplative. It reminds me very much of Michael Manring's solo work. I like it.

4. East Coast

East Coast Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2017
    I have been following Dmitry L. for years now and really like his work. It's so unique and he's very talented.

5. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Dmitry is fantastic. I like his compositional style a lot. He has killer chops.

East Coast likes this.