Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do a search!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rabid_granny, Jan 11, 2003.

1. I was just thinking...next time we tell someone to do a search, perhaps we could offer some keywords that they might want to use rather than scream:

"DO A SEARCH!"

Thread closed.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ummm thread closed? didn't know you were a mod. ah well, at least i can say i agree with you.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Naw, it's much more fun to scream DO A SEARCH!!!

But you are right, however. Mentioning a couple keywords to type in would help in some instances.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know where you are comming from, but handing the info to the person isnt going to encourage them to start doing things themselves.

That being said, for newbies, I think it is more helpful to actually do the search for them since they might not know how to do one, and might not be used to the attitude towards new unneeded threads.

Peace
    Nick

5. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    All you really got to do is put a note in bold letters on the "post thread" page saying something like "Remeber to search for answers for your question first before posting" so that way they can just click on it and search for whatever without posting questions all the time......I think its a good idea

6. Try doing a search for "do a search" maybe......:D

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Another thing Id like to add:

Is it really nescessary for me to do a search on a topic I dont really want any info on?

Wouldnt it be better for the person who wants the info to do the search?

Im pretty sure I could easily pass something by that I feel is insignificant to the subject at hand that the person I am doing research for might find interesting.

Id rather leave the searching to the person who wants the info(except in the case of people hwo dont know about the search feature).

Peace
    Nick