1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do aguilar amps have voltage switches?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MacheteSteve, Apr 19, 2009.

1. i was wondering whether aguilar amps have voltage switches so i could easily change the voltage depending on whether im in the US or Australia.

and if not are theyre any other amp companys who might have this on theres.

p.s it doesnt have to be a literall switch just something that makes it easy to change.

2. nobody knows?

3. Aguilars don't, but I know EA 's iamps do have a simple voltage switch on the back.

4. Totally do-able. I've done an AG500SC.
    That'd be the big blue light in my avatar. :D

5. Amokoma

Amokoma

Feb 4, 2007
    Norway
    Aguilars have the option to change the voltage, but you have to change a couple of connections inside and change the fuse. I live in Norway (230V) and I did this with two DB728s and a DB680. Just get a tech to look at it. Not much work at all.

6. funkaholic

funkaholic

Nov 30, 2004
    Istanbul TURKEY
    Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Alleva Coppolo Basses, Moollon Basses
    Did you have to get some parts from Aguilar, I contacted them for a DB 750, and they told me I needed to buy a circuit braker and a power switch from them for 200USD:bawl:

7. huido

huido

Feb 5, 2009
    Santiago, Chile
    I don't know if the entire Genz-Benz product's line have this feature, but I'm sure every Shuttle and ShuttleMax come with a 110V/220V switch on the back.

I just bought a ShuttleMax 6.0 at an US located online retailer, and I'm using it here in Chile (220V) without any noticeable problem (not hum, not interference, not voltage fluctuation).

Fact of the mater is that the voltage selector switch was one of the main reasons why I bought that Genz-Benz in the first place. Living in Chile I'm always looking for equipment that comes with that switch or are auto switch-ables like my tuner (a Peterson StroboRack).

Im%20028.

8. funkaholic

funkaholic

Nov 30, 2004
    Istanbul TURKEY
    Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Alleva Coppolo Basses, Moollon Basses
    So has anyone here converted DB750 to 230V yet?