1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do ALL 2012 Fender AM standard Jazz have custom 60s pickups?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheGrooveDude, Oct 5, 2013.

1. TheGrooveDude

TheGrooveDude

Aug 9, 2013
    Just wondered when I see some new AM standard jazz that has a different sticker on the pick guard saying they have custom shop 60s pickups. I have a 2012 from what i can tell from the serial no. But it has a different sticker without mentioning the pickups. Just the sticker mentioning "high mass bridge" and "light weight tuners"…etc…..Does that mean that my run of 2012 does not hv the CS 60s pickups?

BTW, how does it compare to the pickups on AM standard before 2012? I had a Geddy Jazz some time ago before i got this and i don't notice any big difference from memory.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Well, I have a 2012 FSR American Standard Jazz that does not have the '60s pickups. Mine is one of the hand-stained run that they had. Can you post pics of yours? Is it a hand-stained Red Wine (like mine) or a hand-stained Mahogany? If so, it does not have the '60s pickups. I THINK all of the other 2012 Am. Stds. do come with the '60s. I could be wrong though; so your best bet is to call Fender's Customer Service and give them your S/N. They should be able to tell you.

IMG_0792.

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota