Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do all La Bella have exposed core at the bridge?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by phephron, Aug 14, 2004.

1. phephron

phephron

May 5, 2004
    I just a G&L L-2000 and the guy that had it had not played for a long time. I had some La Bella Super Steppers that were new, and am also interested in trying out the Deep Talkin' Bass strings. The Super Steppers have an exposed core, and I don't want to go through and do a whole new setup every time I try out a new string. The music stores around here don't carry LaBella and so I can't check out the strings. Thanks for the help.

Paul

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I can't speak for the Deep Talkin' Bass strings... but I do know that the Hard Rockin' Steels have tapered B and E strings.

3. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    La Bella strings:

- ALL La Bella B strings are tapered (including flats and nylon tapewound! Of course, this excludes Super Steps B's, which are exposed core)
    - Super Steps are all exposed core
    - Slappers are all tapered
    - Deep Talkin' rounds have coventional E strings
    - Hard Rockin' Steel have tapered E strings (as mentioned previously)

Deep Talkin' rounds aren't your typical stainless steel roundwounds. They break in really sweet. I've had a set on my P bass for 6 months and they aint coming off any time soon.

Tom

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And Tom knows his stuff! He sends me all my LaBellas when I can afford them! :hyper: