Do Ampeg cabs use Eminence speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aroc, Jul 5, 2004.

1. aroc

Jun 21, 2004
    Woodbury, MN
    Well I decided on an Ampeg SVT-CL since I love the warm tube sound and I think it will be great for my brit-influence rock band. Now I'm trying to decide what kind of cab to get.

Does anyone know if Ampeg cabs use Eminence speakers like the ones in Avatar cabs? Fliptops says this here and I was wondering if it was true.
  2. aroc

Jun 21, 2004
    Woodbury, MN
    P.S. Since the SVT Classic is 2 or 4 ohms switchable, should I go with two 4 ohm cabs over the more common two 8 ohm cabs?
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    as far I as know, Yes it's true.

450$ for 8 pieces it's cheap. In france I saw those 145€ each !
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The Ampeg 8x10 classic cabs use speakers more akin to Eminence's "Legend" line, and NOT like Eminence's "Delta" line of speakers. The Legends make much better replacements in those cabs.
  5. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    It has been several years since I gutted my ampeg 4x8 cabinets to put emminence speakers in them.What was in them was an import 8" speaket (taiwan or china I believe).They were good sounding speakers at low volumes, but they couldent cut it for my taste.This was the classic series cabinets though.They may use Emminence in their pro series, but I do not know for sure.
  6. CJCatalyst

Dec 8, 2008
    I realize all these posts are ancient but for anyone who is wondering this same question the answer is yes. Atleast in the SVT410HLF cabinets emimnence speakers are being utilized. I purchased mine brand new in dec 2006, Unfourtunately I found out they were emminence speakers right after I blew two of them at a show, but for anyone wondering the answer is yes.
  7. Jaypino

Jul 15, 2009
    What type of eminence speaker was in your svt 410hlf?